Colbrow Healthcare, formerly Colbrow Nurses Agency, was established in 1957 in Melbourne by Mrs. Collins Brown to respond to the identified need for a continually available pool of Registered Nurses to provide ‘special care’ to individual patients when in hospitals. This focus quickly became our core business - providing nursing and allied health staff to health care facilities to cover periods of sick leave, annual leave, short term contracts and permanent placements.
Whilst it is an unusual name, the name Colbrow itself has an interesting history. It is derived from a combination of Mrs. Brown’s maiden name (COLLINS), and her married name, (BROWN) resulting to COL-BROW. Colbrow is an Australian-owned company that has been in the same family for three generations. Our focus is on our staff and our people, and we pride ourselves on this.
Colbrow Healthcare was formalised to brand and represent our services collectively, encompassing Colbrow Nurses Agency, Critical Solutions Nursing Agency and First Aid @ Events.
This move supported the expansion of our business to include the recruitment of overseas nursing staff into Australia – offering employment opportunities to nursing professionals in all areas of nursing practice, including General, Specialist, Mental Health, Paediatrics and Midwifery.
Colbrow Healthcare Corporate Responsibility Statement as of 10 May 2011
Colbrow Healthcare would like to meaningfully contribute to our society and assist those who are in need of support, whether financially or emotionally. We would like to do this on a local level and a global level. With this in mind we have chosen two charitable organisations where we would like to focus our attention.
Locally, we recognise, within our own nursing community, some of the challenges faced by nurses in a very demanding environment where they do not always get the support they need. The Nursing and Midwifery Health Program (NMHP) is an independent body (originally set up through the Victorian Nurses Board) which requires private funding to continue the great work they are doing. They assist any nurse with an alcohol or drug abuse problem or a mental illness by providing confidential help and support without risking their registration, job and career. Our support of this cause will directly assist the people that give so much to us.
Globally, we recognise that the opportunities offered to us here in Australia are not offered to people in the developing world. We would like to assist those who are less fortunate and as such, we are sponsoring a child from the Diksha school in India. The school, which was established on 1st October 2008, free care and early education to children from underprivileged families residing in Palam Vihar in India. The often undernourished and malnutritioned children are also provided a nutritious and healthy midday meal and snack. The brainchild of Ms. Shanta Sharan (the former teacher of a Colbrow Healthcare employee), the school is a registered charitable trust and continues to work for the growth and progress of the children of the community.
Vision and Mission Statement
Industry leaders in all that we do.
We embrace all business opportunities and we will make a difference by value adding through innovation, collaboration and excellence in customer service. Professionalism, safety and sustainability will be the cornerstones of our service.
- Actively contribute fully to the functions of the whole team.
- Be proactive and step in and help out other team members when a need is recognized.
- Share information and resources with team members.
- Resolve conflict with the person involved as soon as possible in a positive way.
- Keep the big picture in mind.
- Always look for ways to make change work rather than objecting or resisting change.
- Adapt our behaviour to the needs of the situation.
- Participate as a follower as well as a leader on teams.
- Be prepared to adapt plans and reprioritise tasks as our circumstances change.
- Always adhere to promises and agreements.
- Be truthful in all dealings with our client’s and employees and the team.
- Act without deceit towards the team and towards clients and employees.
- Be honest in all dealings with our client’s and employees and the team.
- Be trustworthy.
- Have systems in place that consistently produce the same results.
- Those systems meet or exceed the specifications or requirements of the task.
- Be dependable and consistent.